Wan Jou (Lavender) She
As a Ph.D. level UX researcher, I specialize in conducting research and implementing advanced techniques to develop and maintain healthcare apps. Specifically, I focus on fine tuning language models and implementing the model to develop healthcare apps. Some representative projects include:
- Living Memory Home (Funded by NIMH R21, US/CHI’19): a natural language processing system that can detect suicidal ideation among mourners by analyzing their text entries.
- P2S (Best Poster Paper in IUI 2023): a peer-based recommendation algorithm that matches people with similar mental health concerns to promote mutual support.
- EmplifAI (Awarded Young Researcher Grant 2023 from JSPS, Japan): an empathetic chatbot that provides medical advice and support to cancer survivors in an emotionally sensitive manner.
- Here/Hear (Awarded 2022 Meta AR/VR Policy Research Grant): a metaverse experience designed for visually impaired users.
Employment History (Academia):
- Apr 2022 to date, Assistant Professor in Social Computing Lab
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Jun 2018 to Mar 2022, Postdoctoral Research Associate in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine, United States
Employment History (Industry):
- Sep 2020 to date, UX Advisor and Assistant Manager for Software Engineering
Gamma Paradigm, United States
- Mar 2018 – Apr 2021, UX Lead & Software Engineer
Everduit (Software Defined Drone as a Service), United States
- Jun 2015–Feb 2018, PhD in Designed Intelligence
Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Feb 2013– Apr 2015, Doctoral Researcher in Design Aesthetics, Industrial Design Engineering
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Sep 2009 – Jun 2012, Master of Arts in Creative Industries Design
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan